TrainSched is an application for displaying train timetables. It is available
for Palm, Pocket PC and Windows.
The advantage of TrainSched over a PDF file or a printed timetable is that you select the start and end stations and get a list of trains serving those two stations. Information about other trains is not shown and so it doesn't clutter your screen.
The versions below are enhanced versions of the original TrainSched. They display annotations like 'MO' (Monday Only) etc. The TrainSched databases listed below all make use of this annotation column.
Download TrainSched for Palm
- trainsched.prc (Palm OS) - Version 0.4.8 (20/Apr/05).
From version 0.4.8 on, the Palm OS version supports the use of an external
database to override the English abbreviations in the Palm version. This allows
for translation of the abbreviations or customisation for use with other
transport company timetables. Most users will not need this.
Download trainsched-abbrs.zip for further information and an example database.
Download TrainSched for Pocket PC
- TrainSched.exe (Pocket PC- arm v4) - Version 1.0 (18/Apr/05).
Download TrainSched for Windows
- TrainSched.exe (Windows) - Version 1.2 (13/May/05).
All these versions of TrainSched include the annotation enhancement with
3 columns of information.
All of the databases below are in the new '3 column' format that display Irish Rail annotations e.g. 'MO', 'FX' etc.
Download TrainSched timetable databases
Below are timetable databases for some Irish Rail commuter lines.
These databases are for use with TrainSched. Contact me (daymobrew at users.sourceforge.net) if you require other lines.
- Longford/Maynooth/Dublin pdb & (text file) (Jan 2008 - Dec 2008)
- Dundalk/Drogheda/Dublin pdb & (text file) (Jan 2007 - Dec 2007)
- Portlaoise/Kildare/Dublin pdb & (text file) (Jan 2007 - Dec 2007)
- Rosslare Europort/Arklow/Dublin pdb & (text file) (Jan 2007 - Dec 2007)
- Cobh/Cork/Mallow pdb & (text file) (Jan 2007 - Dec 2007)
- Cork/Dublin Direct pdb & (text file) (Jan 2008 - Dec 2008)
TrainSched Source Code
TrainSched source code is released under GNU General Public License (GPL).
As the original code was released under GPL, and the enhancements make use of the original code, the source code for enhancements are made available under the same license.
- trainsched-src-0.4.8.tar.gz (v0.4.8, 20/Apr/05) - Palm OS source code with annotation enhancement.
- trainsched-ppc-src-1.0.zip (v1.0 18/Apr/05) - Pocket PC source code.
- trainsched-w32-src-1.2.zip (v1.2 13/May/05) - Win32 source code.
The original author is looking into incorporating the annotation enhancement into the original version.